Plant Nursery Photography: A visit to the ‘Vivero de Aranjuez’ in La Paz.

02 Sep

Detail, from a coffee plant

New country. New home. A brand new garden to work on! ♥ And believe me: there’s a great deal of gardening to be done before our front yard gets to where we’d like it to be – full with native plants, adapted to the high altitude, able to endure the cold and dry weather, and yet, displaying colorful plants, flowers, and trees. Soon we’ll be sharing images of our newest project: The Miranda Garden! For now, my main responsibility is bringing it back to life, finding new seedlings for transplant, planting, and, with the help of our newly hired gardener, offer the yard a lot of TLC!

I’m a planner. I live by ‘lists’. Maybe I’m even a controller… hard to say… [my husband should be the one to address that!]. Anyway, my very first chore was a visit to one of the best-known plant nurseries in town: The Vivero de Aranjuez.

Over 180 different species of plants. Most of the workers are women, who take pride on what they do, and claim to understand more about plants than any man would…

Fuchsias, daisies, calla lilies, geranius, coffee plants, palm trees, gerberas… you name it! And I brought them all back home… gotta get the Project started!

Here are images from our visit (baby girl also came): Click on the image to see it blossom! Enjoy!♥

Posted by on September 2, 2012 in BOLIVIA, ecology, photography

Tags: , , , ,

10 responses to “Plant Nursery Photography: A visit to the ‘Vivero de Aranjuez’ in La Paz.

1. Catherine

September 3, 2012 at 8:46 am

Beautiful images, lovely garden, and wonderful sense of community. Thank you again for sharing your journeys with us!

2. adinparadise

September 2, 2012 at 3:20 pm

This is a really gorgeous garden centre. 🙂

3. ruthincolorado

September 2, 2012 at 11:32 am

Oh, I could spend hours there….:)

September 2, 2012 at 12:01 pm

And I sure did! Already planning a second visit… need to get more plants/seedlings for my recent project: bringing the house garden back to life!!! 😮 Thanks for stopping by!

4. Gilly Gee

September 2, 2012 at 3:38 am

Now that looks like my kind of place. It’s all beautifully tended and yet without the sterile look we see here in garden centres. 🙂

5. Naomi Baltuck

August 31, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Wonderful photos! What a great experience!