52 weeks at Post. Great bidding victory – we got our #1 choice!

22 Jul

So, today, as described earlier, we celebrate a year into our assignment. I wrote about challenges and victories. At lunch time, we were greeted with another victory: our next Post.

The Mirandas are going to their #1 Choice!

Here it is a hint about our next assignment:

Still no clue? Here’s another one:

Not much of a “flag person”? It’s fine. What about some Elementary School Geography?

That’s right! We’re assigned to La Paz, and couldn’t wait to tell everyone!

We’re so very happy: got dear friends in Bolívia, friends we made while posted in Africa. One of them is an amazing mom-wife-blogger, and a great inspiration for me… Wait for us, van Herksens, we’re coming!

Tags:

19 responses to “52 weeks at Post. Great bidding victory – we got our #1 choice!

1. Becky

July 23, 2011 at 3:19 am

Congrats! La Paz is one of my favorite places. Good luck!

2. Lisa

July 23, 2011 at 1:31 am

Congratulations! We’d love to go there too. Maybe we will meet you there. 🙂 BTW, our husbands were in the 151st together. We were the ones that had a baby during A100. I’m glad to have found your blog.

• 3rd Culture Children

July 23, 2011 at 5:28 am

Lisa- that’s great! love your blog, as well – so funny & easy to read1 we’ll be in touch! 😮

3. priscila

July 23, 2011 at 12:17 am

wow, congrats!! that’s awesome news. I am happy that you are happy!! wait for our visit! warm regards. pri & joao

4. Melissa van Herksen

July 22, 2011 at 4:29 pm

OK, I am soooooooooo freaking excited. We are the van Herksens and we can’t wait for the Miranda’s to get here. Honestly, I can’t say that I have loved Bolivia, but the reason for that is that I have been lonely…but NOT ANYMORE!!!! I think the main reason I haven’t loved Bolivia is that I missed Mozambique so much and the family we made there. Transitioning with a newborn was rough, but just last week I vowed to do something new every week to make my Bolivia experience richer and now I can take notes and make plans for Raquel, Leonel and the Miranda crew…You really made my day, night, week!

• 3rd Culture Children

July 22, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Oh Melissa – too much to say, I guess we’ll be calling you guys… We’re just so freaking lucky.. you guys were one of the reasons for the bid, believe that? 😮

5. 3rd Culture Children

July 22, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Thank you Sadie! I’m sure it’ll be a great experience. Now, off to @adaringadventure blog, search the map for people posted over there… hum whose brain I’ll be picking? 😮

6. Sadie

July 22, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Congratulations!!! People speak so highly of their tours in Bolivia – it should be a wonderful experience!