01 Sep
Location of Bolivia in South America on the 1s...

Location of Bolivia in South America (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I totally understand the words ‘sea’ and ‘Bolivia’ do not got together in the same sentence!

Sorry for that…ย โ™ฅ

For the ones who have forgotten a bit of their geography:

Unfortunately, the country of Bolivia do not have access to the ocean, it does not have a ‘sea view’ of it’s own…

Not going into political details…

Some neighboring countries may have some justification to that… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ but for now, leaving politics completely out of any of my blogposts!

For this week photo series, I’m bringing in two possible options for the ‘Challenge Sea‘.

The first one: Bolivia does have the largest fresh water lake in South America [woot,woot!]

Lake Titicaca

The youngest hiker

The youngest hiker

Largest freshwater lake in South America

Largest freshwater lake in South America

The second option: the easiest way to get a unique ‘sea view’, on any given ‘Bolivian Sunday’ is to visit the neighboring Chile…. like our family did, some time this year!

Maybe, I’m cheating…(?) but I can’t go against geography, right?ย If there’s no sea, there’s no sea…ย โ™ฅย Enjoy as you please, and thanks for stopping by!ย โ™ฅ

Impressions from other Bloggers/Photographers:

Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Last Train to QVille
Weekly photo challenge: Sea | La chica de la burbuja
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | mightwar
Weekly Photo Challenge โ€“ Sea | Canoe Communications
Whales at Sea | dadirridreaming
weekly photo challenge: color palettes of the sea | bob’s wife
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Southern Sea Muse
Bring Me That Horizon | Wiley’s Wisdom
Weekly Photo Challenge โ€“ Sea | Endless Skys
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | WINDA & HER STORIES
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Overcoming Bloglessness
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | HeartBound
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Pinkpodster Ponders
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Solitary Spinster
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Shmamaland
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | rodocarda
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Foto Challenge
By the Sea | Ron Mayhew’s Blog
Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Sea | WoollyMuses
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea โ€“ Gwangalli surfers & night lights | Private Mixture
Weekly Photo Challenge : Sea | Retirement and beyond
drawn | yi-ching lin photography
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea Through My Heart | Molly Greye
Most Powerful | 10bgirl
Bridge Over Troubled Water | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Diamond Mike Watson
Aqua diva | wuthering bites
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Flights. Camera. Satisfaction.
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Blue Girl Photography
Weekly Photo Challenge: Palisadoes | Lesie’s World
Photo Challenge: The Sea Part II | Aislynn’s World
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | When Inspiration Strikes
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | Travel. Garden. Eat.
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea ยซ LIVING WITH MY ANCESTORS
Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea | At least we made it this far…
Weekly Photo Challenge : Sea | Memories are made of this
Processing the life | Weekly Photo Challenge : Sea

Posted by on September 1, 2013 in BOLIVIA, foreign service, photography

Tags: , , , , , , ,

30 responses to “Photo Project ’52 Bolivian Sundays’ [week 35, ‘Sea’]. Okay, no sea in Bolivia, but…

1. adinparadise

September 7, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Oh yes, I have been across Lake Titicaca. It’s so beautiful there. We visited both Sun and Moon Islands. What a great trip it was. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. justiceforkevinandjenveybaylis

September 3, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Reblogged this on justiceforkevinandjenveybaylis.

3. Ben

September 3, 2013 at 4:39 am

Living in Switzerland I know how you feel, completely landlocked with no sea for hundreds of miles! You have an incredibly beautiful country, the lake looks lovely. Thanks for the pingback, much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

September 3, 2013 at 11:13 am

My pleasure to share the beauties from Bolivia! Also, you’re welcome – glad to add more posts to the bunch! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

4. Les Petits Pas de Juls

September 2, 2013 at 8:43 am

Great point! ๐Ÿ˜‰ and stunning pictures anyway!
    thanks also for the pingback
    it’s always lovely to discover everyone’s take on the subject and I truly enjoyed yours.

September 2, 2013 at 8:58 am

So glad you enjoyed the pics over here! I tried my best to offer a ‘close approach’ to the challenge – without a sea, how could one respond to a ‘sea-inspired challenge’, correct? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

5. Indira

September 2, 2013 at 2:48 am

Nice photographs, youngest hiker stole my heart.

September 2, 2013 at 8:18 am

She normally steals mine, as well… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Thanks for stopping by and commenting – much appreciated!

6. Mary M

September 2, 2013 at 12:07 am

Awesome pics!

7. Beauty Along the Road

September 1, 2013 at 10:58 pm

No need to worry about “cheating” here ๐Ÿ™‚ A large body of water is a “sea”, whether or not it’s an ocean – at least in my humble opinion. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the pingback.

September 1, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Oh, nice comment… and thanks for believing in the ‘non-cheating’ approach… definitely, not going for that… but had to use the largest fresh water lake in S.A. in place of this week’s ‘sea inspiration’, in order to continue with the weekly photo project… 52 planned weeks for this 2013, and we’re cruising thru week 35 – hard to believe! It’s become more difficult than I first imagined… but I’ll not quit… every week is a challenge, literally speaking… and every week I come trying to share/display something unique from Bolivia, inspired by the weekly photo challenge – so far, it’s worked… let’s see what’s in store for the upcoming 17 weeks! Thank you very much for stopping by, and as i always state over here, it’s my pleasure to share your posts! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Beauty Along the Road

September 2, 2013 at 12:40 am

Yes, weekly posts can become a challenge. I realized today that I didn’t do a single post in August. Partial excuse – being away on vacation and busy harvesting. So, hats off to your 52-post endeavor!

September 2, 2013 at 8:18 am

Still trying… still trying… not complete yet, so… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
          But, thanks for the words of support!

• mmarianorthcutt

September 2, 2013 at 3:31 am

I agree! I REALLY ENJOYED YOUR PHOTOS AS WELL ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you !

8. unexpectedincommonhours

September 1, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Really nice post! And thank you for the pingback.

September 1, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Ohhh… thank you! For taking the time to come by and share your comments – the pleasure is mine to share your post! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

9. noelmorata

September 1, 2013 at 4:30 pm

what a fun place to enjoy with children, the beach looks great!

I’m inviting you to join us for Travel Photo Mondays, the link runs all week so I hope you can join us for the next installment?

September 1, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I’d be happy to join you! Thanks for the invite… Feel free to send me more info! Greetings from La Paz, Bolivia!

10. Mariane

September 1, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Wonderful wonderful and wonderful – I love all your photos – they are so lovely – and the youngest hiker?? thihi.. – Thanks for sharing and thank you for “liking” my site and your ping.. .I do hope you were able to see the photos?.. some seems to have problem of that kind. Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜€

11. shehreyar