Here is the question:
“If you could live a nomadic life, would you? Where would you go? How would you decide? What would life be like without a “home base”?”
And here, the tentative answer:
Oh, well, I guess I already live a ‘nomadic life’… Early this year I tried to ‘map it out’, describing the different places I’ve lived, as a growing child in Brazil, due to my parents work duties; later, as a researcher, and finally, as a spouse “married into the Foreign Service“, raising our three third-culture children, in a much similar nomadic way I’d been brought up!
I fell like this ‘circle’ will never end… and… why should it? 😮
A couple years back when I began blogging, I decided to name this blog, representing/expressing what my [now 3] kids are: the product of their mom’s and dad’s hybrid/joined cultures. Moving is part of our lives, and was part of mine, way before meeting the so-called ‘better-half’.
I could define myself as a ‘serial expat’, but in a very positive way. The idea of being a ‘rolling stone’ always attracted me, and I was lucky enough to find a match who shared the same ‘itch’… we can’t stay put for long! 😮
And the best part: we’re not alone in this type of lifestyle. Recently, the movie Argo brought out a side of the Foreign Service that only few knew about – and it made us happy. It has made us proud. We’re proud to be ‘that type of nomads‘…
There are so many bloggers sharing their life stories, experiences, travels and joys about the foreign service! They talk about learning new languages, new cultures, adapting/adjusting… moving, and re-adapting… Some time ago, I wrote about an intriguing reality: “moving is the third most stressful life event“… for real! 😮
Again, the circle does not end… why should it? We embrace the nomadic life… and welcome the changes!
Thanks for the inspiration! ♥
- Postaday Rolling Stone (Nomad, Travel) and God…Really (pattyperkowski.com)
- Daily Prompt : Rolling Stones (momentsinyourlife.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone (alapparikh.wordpress.com)
- Thinking about Nomadic (marsowords.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt – Rolling Stone (imexcited.wordpress.com)
- Rolling Stone: Nomad, Traveler or Both (khanasweb.com)
- Rolling Stone (adelinesays.wordpress.com)
- I Didn’t Choose the Nomadic Life: the Nomadic Life Chose Me (windandlaughter.wordpress.com)
- The Nomad In Me (mindmymindbut.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt – Rolling Stone (kate0murray.wordpress.com)