19 May

world's most dangerous road

It’s the rainy season all over the city of Nuestra Señora of La Paz: a cold rain often comes at the end of the afternoon, letting us know the upcoming night will be even colder.

It’s time to get the fireplace going, pop in a movie for the kids, and why not, go over the recent photos taken during the a well-deserved experience with nature.

Escaping to the Yungas mountains, on a biking trip, cycling through the world’s most dangerous road, couldn’t be better sealed up than with a unique Zip Line adventure. Instead of going from tree to tree, why not go… from mountain to mountain? 😮

According to Cheri Lucas, the one providing inspiration for this week’s photo challenge: “Escape. Depending on your current mood and headspace, or time in your life, this word can evoke different emotions and conjure a variety of images”. Today, sharing images of a great escape… to the world’s most dangerous road! Join us! 😮

Definitely, one of the highlights of this month of May: Zip Lining with Gravity Bolivia! All are welcome to enjoy as much as the group did!

Find here, more impressions from other bloggers on “Escape”… Thank you all for sharing! ♥

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

27 responses to “Photo Project: 52 Bolivian Sundays [week 20, ‘Escape’ – Zip-Lining in the world’s most dangerous road].

1. Island Traveler

May 23, 2013 at 7:23 am

You made me feel like I was on top of the world too. My friends and I are planning a Zip line adventure in Austin this Summer. It’s his 40th Bday! Way to Gooooooo……thanks for a fun post!

May 23, 2013 at 8:57 am

Oh, I’m so happy I could offer you that feeling! Have a lot of fun zip-lining, and congrats to your friend… The Big 40… It’s definitely a milestone… [been there!] 😮

2. The Guat

May 22, 2013 at 2:10 pm

These are very awesome pics. Love that adventure. Absolutely awesome. Your pictures make me want to do more than just go to the park and hang out. Very awesome adventure thanks for sharing. Dude I totally love the picture of the cliff where the guy is holding his bike in the air. Very cool!

May 22, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I’m glad you reaqlly enjoyed the post and images! The guy holding the bike is Allistair Matthew – the same guys that decided, some 15 years ago, to put together a company and bring people up for the ride! He’s a visionary, and a very, very cool [and fierce!] person! 😮

3. The Palladian Traveler

May 21, 2013 at 6:34 am

Very cool!

4. lagottocattleya

May 20, 2013 at 11:07 am

Well, heights when people are sitting on the edge like that – I don’t like. It’s better to be attached to a rope or something…

May 20, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I know! Pretty scary, right? But I guess… they loved it! Thanks for stopping by! 😮

5. mrscarmichael

May 20, 2013 at 8:31 am

The flying fox looks fantastic.

May 20, 2013 at 3:10 am

Unbelievable! I wonder how on earth they got the zip up there 🙂

May 20, 2013 at 9:04 am

It’s true! No idea…. or maybe, it’s better not to think, right? 😮 My husband tells me they were trying to read the name of the manufacturer, on the line… It is Made in France!! I guess they felt a bit safer knowing that! Wonder why….