“You’ve been Freshly Pressed… Again!”

11 Jan

freshly pressed

I’ve been blogging for exactly 22 months [the first post went live on March 11, 2011, about the Largest Street Carnaval in Brazil – and apparently, it didn’t take long to be picked up by Pop Pressed‘s radar, on March 2011. Link here for full post].

But it’s always nice to get that sweet email from the WordPress editors… Especially, for the second time.. what are the odds? 😮 Thank you all for reading! ♥

A bit of Math here [and my former Algebra students who thought they were free from this!]: The chances of being Freshly Pressed are, on any given day, about 12 per million. Well, considering that just happened for the second time, it brings the odds to… 1 in 6,400,000,000

Maybe I should move on to playing the lottery?!

Curious about the ‘map it out post’? HERE it is!

Tags: , , , ,

35 responses to ““You’ve been Freshly Pressed… Again!”

1. Madhu

January 19, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Congratulations 🙂

2. LubbyGirl

January 15, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Congrats!!!

3. Travis Normand

January 15, 2013 at 2:05 am

Wow…! That is pretty cool. Congrats on getting “pressed’ twice…! Not sure if it will ever happen, but I am waiting for my first email from the editors. haha

January 15, 2013 at 9:08 am

Oh, of course you will/your blog will get Freshly Pressed… it’s just a question of time… one never knows what type of style, interest, what kind of post the guys at WP are looking for… sometimes it’s photography, travel, personal stories… other times, it’s all about food, recipes, interviews with chefs… I’ve also seen personal takes on world news, recent stories… That said, that’s such a broad spectrum of possibilities… My suggestion to you: keep on blogging, writing, sharing… and one day, it’ll happen… Also, don’t forget: associated with WP there are the Pop Pressed and the Eco Press… as the names indicate, one is for pop culture, arts and related stuff and the second one for nature, ecology, sustainable ideas… Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and check this particular post out – I’m very happy with all this positive feedback… and, will keep on blogging! See you around, Raquel. 😮

• Travis Normand

January 16, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I appreciate it. Congrats to you again, and I plan on continuing to blog….so we shall see what happens.

4. Colline

January 13, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Well done!! You deserve it 🙂

5. Terri at Time To Be Inspired

January 13, 2013 at 4:18 am

Congrats! Well deserved for certain!

6. Loving Language

January 12, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Excited to hear about your success! I’m guessing it’s not likely luck that got you on Freshly Pressed . . .

7. humanTriumphant

January 12, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Congratulations!!!!

8. yarnspinnerr

January 12, 2013 at 11:06 am

Congrats and You are good at probabilities too 🙂

January 12, 2013 at 5:41 am

Awesome!

10. Spiritual World Traveler

January 12, 2013 at 4:30 am

Congrats!

11. klassikurvz

January 11, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Congratulations. You have a captivating and intriguing writing style.

January 11, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Thank you! Very nice of you… Good to get positive feedback.. I’ll keep on blogging! 😮

12. Playamart - Zeebra Designs

January 11, 2013 at 7:19 pm

congratulations! well deserved! lisa/z

January 11, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Thanks, Lisa! And thanks for your usual support thru the visits, comments and suggestions! 😮

13. Delana

January 11, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Congratulations! What a blessing!

14. Afterglow

January 11, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Yay! Congratulations! 🙂

15. colonialist

January 11, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Wow, you are newly ironed? 🙂
    I am most im-pressed, but de-pressed when thinking it is unlikely to happen to me!

January 11, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Oh, boy… you just got me laughing so hard, right now! 😮 Loved the ‘newly ironed’… don’t worry about the ‘un-likelyhood’ [I guess I just made that up right now!] of future events… It’ll happen… just keep blogging, writing, posting… one day it’ll just happen, and you’ll get that cool email from one of the WP guys… and your 15 mins of fame [quite lame, right, but I’m sure all of us would take it! :o] Thank you for the giggle! Take care and have a great weekend, Raquel.

16. travelgardeneat

January 11, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Congrats! you executed the map feature perfectly — and what a great way to illustrate your life/travels! ~ Kat

January 11, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Thanks, Kat! It’s always nice to learn you’ve done a good work… I guess WP liked the way I displayed the story of my life as a ‘serial expat’… Even in my own country of birth… I seemed to lead a ‘nomad’ life… it happens to the best of us! 😮 Thanks for your usual support and frequent comments/suggestions… Much appreciated! 😮