Recently interviewed by BlogExpat!

28 Feb

3rd culture children

Just got interviewed by BlogExpat:From Brazil to USA to Africa and back to Brazil: 3rd Culture Childrenby Erin [27 February, 2012 11:37]Raquel L. Miranda, Brazilian by birth, lived and studied in Argentina. Worked as an international researcher in the USA, before marrying and becoming a Foreign Service ‘hauling spouse’, mother of 3 third-culture children, all under the age of 7! Currently posted in Recife, Brazil – previous posts including Washington, DC and Maputo, Mozambique.

1. Why did you move abroad?
I was born abroad! [smiles!] My parents used to be public servers with the Brazilian government, so we traveled a lot. With a background in science and research, I was always on a plane, traveling to conferences or symposiums. Then, one day, 11 years ago, resting at the beach in Brazil, while taking a break from my PhD research and endless lecture preparation at the university, I met the one who would become my husband – he was a charming 26 year-old pre-grad student, interested in international politics, and (surprise!), who liked to travel around the world… Read more

Tags: , ,

8 responses to “Recently interviewed by BlogExpat!

1. Ipohgal

March 1, 2012 at 11:18 am

Wow Raquel, you are really a dynamic woman – wife, mother, cook, scientist, teacher, traveller and blogger! I really envied you, hahahaha 🙂 Have fun and live your life well!

Do you believe that I am also fascinated by South America, yes, I loved Latin music and dances, especially tango. I hope one day I can travel to some interesting countries like Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. Maybe you can be my tour guide then but for now, it is still a dream!

March 1, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Ohhh… thank you for your very kind words… I’m not all that… I just pretend to be…. 😮
      I’m just a passionate for life, and try to be the best parent I can, preparing our children for a realistic future… not an easy job! And since I’m a traveler, I share our experiences… But, if I could help you, anyhow, would be happy to! 😮 Take care, Raquel

2. Madhu

February 28, 2012 at 9:17 am

Congratulations! I now have a famous blogger friend 🙂

February 28, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Ohhh… thank you so much for your kind words… all of us bloggers do it to find similar patterns, share and get advise, learn from others… it´s just a wonderful experience, to share and learn.. I´m very passionate about it… Thanks for commenting, as usual… And thanks for considering me a “blogger friend” 😮 Much appreciated!

3. rommel

February 28, 2012 at 1:18 am

Wow, What a life accomplishment to be legitimately interviewed! Congrats!

February 28, 2012 at 7:30 am

Thanks, Rommel! Just sharing a bit of our life/travel experiences… Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment – much appreciated! 😮

4. cocomino

February 28, 2012 at 12:43 am

Congrats to your interview.I didn’t know that you are scientist. It’s great.

February 28, 2012 at 7:32 am

Thanks, Cocomino! Everybody’s got something about their past [smiles!] Before becoming a mom/full-time traveler and survivor-expat, that’s what I did… 😮 But it gives you a different take about life… it makes you more analytic (and, according to my husband, a bit crazier, as well!) 😮 Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! It’s great to see it happening… Warm regards from Brazil!