Four to Forty – celebrating the birthday of our King of Hearts

03 Jun

Today is the birthday of the “Kings of Hearts” from our “Full House“, which also has a King of Spades, a serious and committed 5 year-old boy.

Siding along with the duo of kings, we’ve got three queens: “Queen of Hearts“, pairing with the celebrating King, and apparently the one in charge of anything “household-related”, making sure all parts and processes are in place. Our “Queen of Diamonds“, aka, “drama queen” is a 3-year old going on 13. For the last one, our “Queen of Clubs“, the jury is still out there – we’re not sure yet how she’d embrace her role as part of this full house

Today our King of Hearts turns 36. He’s almost departing from the house of the 30s. I’m sure it’s been a good and fun journey for him. In four years he’ll be joining his Queen of Hearts, and together they’ll rule the house of the 40s…

From my humble heart to “His Majesty’s”, with all my love,

Happy Birthday, Leonel!

Posted by on June 3, 2011 in FAMILY, LOVE

Tags:

35 responses to “Four to Forty – celebrating the birthday of our King of Hearts

1. jcawhitten

June 13, 2011 at 12:29 pm

CHICO!!!!!!! Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope you have a GREAT day!! Thank you for being such a MAGNIFICENT person, you were my very first friend in DC and my very best friend for life!! I appreciate you and how you supported me in my life!! Lots of love to you and your family….we miss you in DC!!

• Leonel

June 13, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Thank you Janet! Hey, what do you say, Carnaval 2012??? 😮

2. Craig

June 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Happy Belated, Chico. I can say for sure that you’re leaving a good impression on at least one person!!! Once I finish trying to figure out the square root of pi, I’ll try to remember who that is 🙂 Happy Birthday from Craig, Heidi, and Norah.

• 3rdculturechildren

June 12, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Ohhhh, such a scientific remark, Craig… thank you and kisses to your girls… Raquel, Leonel and lots of kids 😮 (easy to loose count!)

3. Edu

June 11, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Feliz cumple Chico! Saludos de Edu y Chantal a la flia!

4. Gina Patel

June 10, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Happy (belated) Birthday Leo!!! Wishing you and your family all the best! Xo Gina

5. Christopher

June 10, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Leo, I had a fully-cleared Action Memo to the Secretary on celebrations for yr birthday, but D(S) held it. What can you do? Enjoy it nonetheless.

(State Department joke this year, River Park joke next year)

• 3rdculturechildren

June 12, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Hey Chris, Raquel here.. I’ll let him respond to you, but I can’t forget to Congratulate both of you, again on your baby daughter! Cheers from Recife! 😮

6. Bryan Blakely

June 10, 2011 at 12:25 am

Happy belated birthday Chico Leo!!! Great to see la familia through the blog. You’ve got a lot to celebrate for your 36th year! Felicitaciones!!!

7. sajit

June 9, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Happy Birthday Leo! Can’t wait to see you guys back in DC soon. Hope all is well in Recife.

Best to the fam,
    Bhumika, Sajit, and Seva

• 3rdculturechildren

June 9, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Thank you Sajit and Bhumika! Congratulations again on your beautiful daughter… 😮
      Greetings from Recife.

8. Arkfl6!

June 9, 2011 at 8:05 pm

FELIZ ARKFL6!!! CHICO!!! I hope you enjoyed your day and am looking forward to see you and the fam. at Paco’s wedding. Un abrazo gigante hermano!!!! –Joe

• 3rdculturechildren

June 9, 2011 at 9:55 pm

It’s been over 10 years and I still can’t figure out what you guys mean with the LETTERS!!!! (Raquel, here) I’ll have him respond to you, Joe… Hope all is well… See you at the wedding.
      Much love from the 5 of us… Take care, Los Mirandas

9. Brian Mohican Suskiewicz

June 9, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Chico! Aloha from Namibia! So happy that you have survived another trip around the sun with a loving wife and kids around you. It’s been decades (scary!) since that first drop-trou salute but I am sending you another one from across the globe. Hope to see you in Brazil sometime this year or next – or let me know when you come stateside. Have a great (late) birthday and a pint or three on me.
    Love – sucks

10. A. S.

June 9, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Happy Birthday Leo! You are blessed with a great hand! Never fold, and stay all in!

11. Adam & Stephanie Schumacher

June 9, 2011 at 12:24 am

Happy birthday and welcome to 40s club!! Look us up the next time you are passing through DC.

12. Matthew & Daniella Roth

June 8, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Parabens Leo! Social Security is just around the corner. 🙂

13. Cherise & Charles

June 8, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Happy Birthday Chico … miss you & love you 🙂
    Hugs to you & your family … from C&C

14. Marc Power

June 8, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Chico, You’re old.

-Power

15. Ines Crockett

June 8, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Happy Happy B-Day Leoner Dear!!! Enjoy your day with your loved ones !!! We wish you guys a fantastic day!!!
    Love!!!
    Sarita, Sofia, Elio, Jeff and Ines!!!

16. Javyher Perez

June 8, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Wish you were here in the land of German beer for your birthday, but since you can’t make it, we’re going to honor you with a game of beer pong…. have a couple of caparinhas for us and we’ll call it a global celebration! All the best, Javy & Julie

• 3rdculturechildren

June 9, 2011 at 12:39 pm

:o You guys are amazing, thank you! Really miss you all. Kisses to your girls!

17. Melissa van Herksen

June 3, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Send my love to Leonel…he is my birth buddy…our moms were pushing on the same exact day. Happy Birthday my friend! Love from Bolivia.
    I know!!! Happy b-day, Melissa! 😮

18. Leonel

June 3, 2011 at 9:07 am

Thanks my love! I love you and our “full house!”
    love you, too…. the 4 of us do!😮