Well, let me explain.
It’s Thursday morning. And since I’m always on the lookout for inspiration, happened to stumble upon a quote from one of the WordPress dailypost editors, Michelle W.: “Some of us have purely personal sites where we discuss the day-to-day, while others are trying to create an online presence around our blogs or use them as a springboard for other projects. If you’re in the latter camp, you’re not just a blogger: you’re a brand“.
So… is this blog a brand??
Brand (n): a particular product or a characteristic that serves to identify a particular product
I guess so… and to confirm the assumption [suggested by the original writer], I continued reading the ‘inspirational post’ , and found:
“In terms of a blog, your brand is:
- Your site’s personality.
- Your name, tagline, color scheme, and design (including your logo).
- A promise you make to readers about what they’ll find on your site.
- The way you represent yourself and your blog in other spaces online.
- The thing that differentiates your blog from the seventy zillion other blogs on the internet”.
Now, it begs the question: for this site/blog, is all that true? Does it behoove me/the writer/the ‘mind behind the curtain’ to create a distinct personality and consistent experience for this blog’s readers, reinforcing why 3rCultureChildren is worth reading?? Tough question, right? I’ll also see if i can answer that… through future posts… not today… just getting my creative juices flowing! 😮
Thanks for the inspiration! ♥
- Blogger or Brand?: Extending Your Online Identity (memcmahon.com)
- Blogger or Brand?: Extending Your Online Identity (endhabelenggudosa.wordpress.com)
- Why Consistency is Key for Your Blog Success (business2community.com)
- Staying Inspired (faithfulbloggers.com)
- Establishing your Brand Online – Part 3 (homebusinessdaily.wordpress.com)
- The Neverending Debate: Who is a Blogger? (zemanta.com)