What’s up with 1,337?

24 Apr

ImageSo, just got a note today that this blog had achieved [the mark of] 1,337 followers… Strange number, right? Not round, not exact… far from cabalistic… But, hey, I’ll take it… For whatever reason it is, WordPress people decided it was worth to send out the note… 😮 Oh, well, I do appreciate the ‘achievement’, and welcome any positive thoughts towards this blog’s way!!!

Thank you for reading [and following!] ❤

Posted by on April 24, 2013 in TRAVEL

Tags: , , , , ,

15 responses to “What’s up with 1,337?

1. fgassette

April 25, 2013 at 5:10 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

April 25, 2013 at 2:52 am

We learn something new every day! 🙂

April 25, 2013 at 9:01 am

That’s so true… and I spent a few minutes trying to figure out why WordPress would let me know I’d reached 1337 followers… strange number… meant nothing to me! 😮 So, decided to have the question out to others, and to my surprise, very quickly, the answers began pouring. Clearly, I need to re-educate myself about the ‘ fine print’ regarding Weblish [English on the internet!] 😮 We’re all learning, Gilly! ❤

3. Bill Jones, Jr.

April 24, 2013 at 9:59 pm

It’s one of their things. You also get that badge for 1,337 likes.

From Wikipedia: “Leet (or “1337”), also known as eleet or leetspeak, is an alternative alphabet for the English language that is used primarily on the Internet. It uses various combinations of ASCII characters to replace Latinate letters. For example, leet spellings of the word leet include 1337 and l33t; eleet may be spelled 31337 or 3l33t. The term leet is derived from the word elite.”

I think it’s their way of saying you’ve hit an “elite” milestone.

Liked by 1 person

April 25, 2013 at 12:21 am

Hey, I’ll take it! 😮 Had no idea, and clearly, I’m completely off when it comes to chat room talk!!! But again, if it’s some sort of milestone, so be it! 😮

4. adzy

April 24, 2013 at 8:25 pm

It comes from the realms of gaming, and chat rooms. In LEET speak, 1337 it’s means Elite. So blame the internet 🙂

April 25, 2013 at 12:19 am

Let’s all blame technology and internet!!! Or maybe… not! It’s not bad to have reached ‘elite’, right? 😮 Thanks!

5. greenembers

April 24, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Hahah, it’s kind of an easter egg. It’s old internet slang where you use numbers for letters. 1337 means elite. You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

6. 7

April 24, 2013 at 7:50 pm

1337 is a sort of hacker/internet slang word that uses letter/number substitution. 1337 = “LEET” which is short for “Elite”.

7. L.A. Powell