23 Dec

Image #18: 20 Days of a Cold Christmas: Christmas Stories at School

Unlike last year, when we spent Christmas surrounded by the tropical Brazilian weather; this year, we may have something ‘closer to a White Christmas’, considering we’re in La Paz, and at least, we may experience some cold weather… The season’s wardrobe isn’t packed with colorful light pieces, ‘havaianas‘, and sneakers, like last December… Bring out the boots and coats! Let’s get some warm wine out and sit down by the fireplace, where the kids will get their nighttime Christmas stories

This year, the lights have been out for a while, tree is up and twinkling, we’ve got a yard instead of an apartment veranda, but it’s a bit too cold to be out at night, which is actually, great! 😮

In order to celebrate our “non-tropical season of joy”, we’ve been sharing images that showcase how we’re seeing and enjoying this time of the year. Are we gonna get any snow?! Who knows… maybe! 😮

Posted by on December 23, 2012 in BOLIVIA, children, I SPY, photography, school

Tags: , , , , , , ,

8 responses to “20 days to a ‘possible White Christmas’… in 20 joyful images. Only a couple of days to go!

1. colonialist

December 23, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Delightful pics. I hope you get a white Christmas. If you have to endure the cold, you may as well have some compensation for it!

December 23, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Thank you so much, Colonialist… I’m actually pretty satisfied with the view [from our bedroom window] towards the mountains {Ilimani}… I can see the mountains with their sweet snow cap… It does make us happy… and the cold weather is just the perfect excuse for having the fireplace going… That’s the plan for the 25th… Kids in their PJs… gift wrap all over… fireplace…. warm wine… 😮 Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays!

• colonialist

December 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Oops – you aren’t going to like what I said about Happy Holidays! (Anyway, same to you plus Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!)

December 23, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I guess now, I gotta check! 😮 Your website/blog?

• colonialist

December 23, 2012 at 6:21 pm

My latest post! 🙂

December 23, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Just saw it… left my comment… No worries… it’s hard to find out who’s what over here… I’m not for the PC thing… I guess, it’s just easier to wish the happy holidays… maybe, we should just try to be a bit stronger with/regarding our true thoughts…. 😮 That said: Merry Christmas to you and your family! 😮

• colonialist

December 23, 2012 at 6:52 pm

And to you and yours!

I do think that PC is being violently overdone these days – all avoidance of anything which might give offence to racist or gender or religious fanatics I find rather ridiculous. Offence is not offence unless it is taken.

December 23, 2012 at 6:57 pm