Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate.

15 Dec

DSC_7489

Somebody once told me: “your first child is made of glass… the second one, made of plastic, and the third child, will come made out of rubber… unbreakable…” Really? She still looks and seems very fragile… very delicate… a perfect fit for week’s photo inspiration. She’s my most true interpretation of the theme…

Here, dressed as a flower, for her second birthday.

Posted by on December 15, 2012 in ART, children, photography

Tags: , , ,

61 responses to “Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate.

1. evilnymphstuff

December 30, 2012 at 3:44 am

Aww she’s such a cutie! A beautiful interpretation of delicate 🙂

December 30, 2012 at 11:02 am

Thank you so much… she’s my precious baby girl… thank you for taking the time to stop by and check it out! Have a great New Year! Greetings from La Paz, Bolivia! 😮

2. Miljo Anne

December 18, 2012 at 9:17 am

So adorable!

3. Janet Eckman

December 17, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Oh, the age of innocence! How adorable. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. You will be missed in the states.

Love,

Ed and Janet

janeteckman@verizon.net

Tel: 410.987.9045

December 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Oh Janet!!! You’re so sweet! Chico was there, for a brief (1-day) training… got to see his brand-new nephew, and parents… Have a wonderful holiday season, as well! Hugs from Los Mirandas in La Paz!

4. Darla Welchel

December 17, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I couldn’t agree more! Each and everyone of my three daughters were special and unique, although I do have to admit that I wasn’t as fussy by the time the third one rolled around – maybe that is why she is now fearless! Enjoy every minute, because they go by fast; my third baby will turn 28 this coming January!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog as well! 🙂

December 17, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences, Darla! Much appreciated… everyone keeps telling me it goes by fast, and I’m witnessing that happen… Can’t imagine life without my three little ones… It’s precious! Take care, and thanks again for stopping by, Raquel.

• Darla Welchel

February 6, 2013 at 2:02 am

They grow up fast; in a blink of an eye! I’m sorry for the tardiness of this reply; I’ve stopped getting word press notifications. ?????

5. cookie5683

December 16, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Oh how those little ones capture our hearts 🙂

December 16, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Thank you! She’s precious… my little baby girl, slowly becoming a young lady… it’s funny to watch them change… Thanks for taking the time to check it out and share your thoughts! Have a great Sunday! 😮

6. sunshine

December 16, 2012 at 2:27 am

Aww, so perfect!

7. Barbara

December 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm

She is adorable, and completely delicate!! Aren’t they just delicious at 2 🙂

December 15, 2012 at 8:55 pm

They really are, Barbara! Thank you for coming over and sharing your comment! 😮

December 15, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Well she’s a delight!

9. Kemi

December 15, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Super entry! You actually gave me an idea for mine. Hope you don’t mind :-).

December 15, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I absolutely don’t, Kemi! I’m glad this post inspired someone else.. As I’d stated earlier, to another reader, my children are the best of me… they’re strong, and fragile… they’re sweet and bitter… they’re me… with all the flaws and the good traces… I’m glad to provide inspiration to others, the same way my children inspire me… they’re the reason I blog, and the reason I smile…. 😮

December 15, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Forgot to mention: keep me ‘posted’ on your entry… 😮 I’m curious to see how the inspiration went!!!

10. mjculverphotography

December 15, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Precious. Love the color combinations she’s chosen. 🙂

December 15, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Thanks… I guess, she has a good ‘mentor’ for that – considering those are her sister’s pieces [her older sis’s got some interesting choices when it comes to dressing up!]

11. seeker

December 15, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I agree with you, she’s perfectly delicate.

December 15, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Thank you, Seeker! 😮 My totally ‘bias interpretation’ for this week’s theme! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

• seeker

December 15, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Not bias at all. It’s the God’s honest truth. Children is very delicate and they are the future. Take good care of her, Mom.

December 15, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Thank you… especially in times like these… so much craziness… sometimes I wonder how we [parents, caretakers] are gonna be bringing these kids up… but thanks for the thoughts, anyway… my children are the best part of me… can’t imagine life without… thanks for taking the time to come back and share your thoughts… 😮

12. Jo Bryant

December 15, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Isn’t she lovely

13. Ruth Bailey

December 15, 2012 at 3:49 pm

What a sweetheart! She has very delicate features. How old is she now?

December 15, 2012 at 4:01 pm

She’s two… and a few days… We had a playdate for her 2nd birthday, girls dressed up, and she grabbed her sister’s top and skirt… I thought she looked like a little yellow/purple flower… very delicate, right? Thank you very much for stopping by, Ruth!

• Ruth Bailey

December 15, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Ahh, a very recent birthday! Congratulations and a belated happy birthday to her.

December 15, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Thanks! 😮 Since the weekly photo challenged called for a ‘post specifically designed for that’, I thought her photo, very delicate, would be a perfect fit for the challenge! 😮

14. fgassette

December 15, 2012 at 3:26 pm

PRECIOUS!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!