The Emperor’s Bridge, Old Town Recife, Brazil

15 May

Images captured during one of our visits to downtown Recife – historical “Recife Antigo”… Ponte do Imperador (“Emperor’s Bridge”), an example of the several cultural footprints from the old Portuguese days in Brazil…

View from the Emperor’s Bridge and Old Town Recife

Posted by on May 15, 2012 in I SPY, photography, TRAVEL

Tags: , , , ,

14 responses to “The Emperor’s Bridge, Old Town Recife, Brazil

1. eniola folarin

May 20, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Lovely colourful pictures, especially the purple building! I can’t wait to share mine 🙂

May 20, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Great! You’ve got pics of Recife? Or another bridge! Share away! Thanks for stopping by! 😮

2. eldy

May 16, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Wow…I love these! I’ve nominated you for the Reader Appreciation Award, the Sunshine Award and the Genuine Blogger Award. Join in if you like but there is no obligation to participate…a gift not an obligation. I so enjoy your blog and wish to thank you for sharing and dropping by my blog too. For more info go to: http://lovinglifeagreenjourney.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/awards-received-and-passed-on/

May 17, 2012 at 6:55 am

Thank you very much, Eldy! Much appreciated! I promise to stop by your blogpost and check the nominations, as soon as I’ve got some ‘breathing room’ over here… Life’s keeping me on my toes, recently, which is a great thing, but I’m very thankful for your gesture and kind words… Thanks for all the nominations… A great honor. Greetings from Brazil!

3. Shimky

May 16, 2012 at 8:53 am

Love the Ponte do Imperador. There’s a similar place in Spain with a lot of coloured houses, somewhere near Alicante.

May 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Glad you enjoyed it… Thanks for sharing your impressions, Shimky! 😮

4. Gilly Gee

May 15, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Really vibrant colour!

5. fgassette

May 15, 2012 at 10:12 am

Love this bridge and the wonderful colors. Thanks for sharing.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

6. rondomtaliedraai

May 15, 2012 at 8:14 am

wonderful pictures

7. cobbies69

May 15, 2012 at 7:20 am

So much colour, incredible pictures.. 😉