24 Apr

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

From the sky falls a solitary young man, and the story of Varekai begins.

Parachuted into the shadows of a magical forest, a kaleidoscopic world populated by fantastical creatures, this young man sets off on an adventure both absurd and extraordinary. On this day at the edge of time, in this place of all possibilities, begins an inspired incantation to life rediscovered. [Find Icarus at the end of this post!]

The word Varekai means “wherever” in the Romany language of the gypsies the universal wanderers. This production pays tribute to the nomadic soul, to the spirit and art of the circus tradition, and to the infinite passion of those whose quest takes them along the path that leads to Varekai.”

I’d like to state my “big thank you” for the Show’s production, it’s official website, from where these quotes are borrowed. We were fortunate in having the opportunity to watch the “trupe” in Recife, Brazil, during their last presentations. What a treat! Enjoy the images! [photographic shots were not allowed during the show/performance, but permitted during the 25 min. interval, and at the outside areas…] Most of the photos presented here were taken with our camera. Some pictures (all indicated as such) were borrowed from the Cirque du Solei official website and/or its official Fan Page. My deepest appreciation!

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Source: Varekai, Cirque du Solei Fan Page

Posted by on April 24, 2012 in ART, BRASIL, photography, post a day

Tags: , , , , ,

12 responses to ““Deep within a forest… exists an extraordinary world… where something else is possible… called Varekai…” Snapshots from Cirque du Solei in Brazil.

1. Catherine

April 25, 2012 at 9:22 am

I have long admiring Cirque de Soleil artists. They are fabulously talented and I’m glad you capture their artistry so nicely on camera!

• Catherine

April 25, 2012 at 9:23 am

oops, typos! long admired*…I’m glad you captured*

April 25, 2012 at 11:30 am

No problem, Catherine! Typos are part of any blogger´s life! No worries! Thanks for the compliment, though! 😮

April 25, 2012 at 11:29 am

Ohh… lovely words… thank you very much! Really glad people are enjoying the post! 😮 We´re always trying to share our experiences while traveling, living throught different settings and our encounters with life, art, education, nature… 😮

2. cobbies69

April 24, 2012 at 6:47 am

Great pictures and post,, well done, enjoyed very much 😉

April 24, 2012 at 6:54 am

Thank you, Cobbies69… It was a very enjoyable show.. over 2.5 hours… All worth it… Loved it… Nothing like it… My very first experience with the Cirque du Soleil, and it’s unforgettable! Thanks for taking the time to come by, read it and share your impressions… Much appreciated! 😮

3. Juliana

April 23, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I love them!! Saw them a few years ago. Awesome!

4. firstandfabulous

April 23, 2012 at 9:06 pm

My husband took me to see Cirque in Philadelphia for my 50th birthday (was that really 10 years ago?!?!?) It was my best gift ever!.
    Fabulous FABULOUS photos!

April 23, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Thank you, thank you! 😮
      My husband also took me to see them this past Friday – he knew how much I wanted to be part of the experience… definitely… pretty fantastic! thanks for sharing your thoughts!

5. danielwalldammit

April 23, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Neat stuff. I especially like the first picture.