Ren Taiko: Japanese drums in Recife

10 Nov

Getting ready for this year’s Japanese Fair in Recife: (text in Portuguese)

Tendo como tema os tradicionais tambores japoneses, conhecidos como Taiko, no próximo dia 27 de novembro, o Recife Antigo irá sediar a 15ª edição da Feira Japonesa do Recife.

Aberta ao público e com atrações culturais que envolvem desde apresentações de corais e danças típicas a perfomances de cosplays e karaokê, o último domingo de novembro dará um gosto mais oriental à capital do frevo. Então, marque na sua agenda e aproveite a feira para conhecer um pouco mais da cultura nipônica.

Posted by on November 10, 2011 in ART, JAPAN, LANGUAGE, photography

Tags: , ,

6 responses to “Ren Taiko: Japanese drums in Recife

1. Fergiemoto

November 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Great! Thanks for sharing. Thank you for following my blog! Much appreciated. I see you are in Brazil right now. I really enjoyed my visit there and have friends near Sao Paulo. Someday I hope to return for another visit. I have been to Recife, just briefly. I had a connection there when I was flying from Sao Paulo to Sao Luis.

• 3rd Culture Children

November 12, 2011 at 12:29 am

Always a pleasure! 😮

2. cocomino

November 11, 2011 at 10:33 am

Very good. My wife used to play taiko. It’s exciting.

• 3rd Culture Children

November 11, 2011 at 11:48 am

I´m so glad you liked it! That´s my second post about the Japanese cultural expression, here in Recife, Brazil. Feel free to browse around the site, it´s under the “Japan” category…. cheers and thanks from http://3rdculturechildren.com

3. 3rd Culture Children

November 10, 2011 at 3:33 pm

they do a fantastic job preparing the instruments for the presentation… Thanks for stopping by, Jody! 😮

4. Judy

November 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I like the decorations on the drums.