Well, we’re in La Paz, Bolivia, now. But before we arrived to our newest work and life adventure, we got to spend some time with family back in the US, sharing our stories and experiences of the past two years living and working in Brazil; do a bit of traveling, spend some great quality time with our kids at parks in Delaware and Virginia… and visit the National Mall in Washington, DC. A lot done during our ‘home leave’, now, being shared with our friends, family and curious readers! :All of that will be presented here… one at a time, though!
Fifth stop: Halls at the Museum of Natural History, Washington DC: Link to the exhibit is here.
As a Biologist, mom/teacher and former volunteer at the Natural History Museum (2004), I can say the visit, the explanations, and the teaching/learning combinations are well worthy a day trip with your own children, class students, friends, or simply, a ‘curious soul’… Related articles
- Snapshots from Home Leave: A visit to the Butterfly Garden at the Smithsonian Museum, Washington DC. (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Images from an exciting visit to the O. Orkin Insect Zoo, in Washington, DC. (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Snapshots from Home Leave: The Flag that Inspired the National Anthem [National Museum of American History, Washington DC]. (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Snapshots from Home Leave: An afternoon at the Clemyjontri Park in McLean, Virginia. (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Google Maps the Smithsonian (androidtravels.com)